During this joyous time of year, we reflect on the past and look forward to the future while spending time with all those near and dear to our hearts. The holiday season can also be the busiest time of the year and the parties, visiting families and friends, and all the shopping can lead to some unwanted holiday anxiety. To help alleviate some of that stress, FG|PG has compiled a list of tips, hints and tricks to help fill your holiday with more cheer, laughter and happiness.
- Start Christmas shopping early! According to Consumer Reports, the average person will spend about 10 hours of shopping. Not to mention the 3 hours spent wrapping your gifts.
- Real Christmas tree? Don’t forget to water that Christmas tree every day. Make sure you never let the water level go below the base of the tree.
- Emergency Gifts… Wrap up a few small, gender neutral gifts for any surprise guests.
- Prevent Overeating… With the overabundance of delicious food that always accompanies this season, it’s hard to know whether we are full or have room for seconds. Before reaching for that second plate of food, wait 10-15 minutes to allow your brain to process how your stomach feels. And don’t forget to save some room for the dessert round!
- Pets… Keep the pets out of the kitchen while cooking.
- Traveling tips… Traveling during the holidays can be very hectic. We suggest that you arrive to the airport extra early to account for any unexpected troubles or delays. Try to fit all your items into carry-on luggage. Remember, TSA doesn’t allow wrapped gifts, so save the wrapping for your destination.
- Decorations… Kate’s Paperie states that the amount of gift wrap needed to fulfill your wrapping needs is about six rolls!
- Smile… ‘Tis the season to be jolly after all! Smiling is said to help alleviate stress. Added bonus- it’s good for all those holiday pictures!
- Go green… Use recycled wrapping paper or reusable shopping bags, forgo paper plates, load up the dishwasher to its max before running and turn off those Christmas lights during the day. It will save your wallet and the environment!
- Enjoy yourself… Remember that no matter how hectic and stressful this season can get, its all about spending time with the ones you love. Breathe, smile, laugh, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
As 2012 draws to a close and 2013 rounds the corner, we would like to especially thank those clients and partners that have helped shape our business throughout this past year. We look forward to a bright future with you for the New Year and the many years to come.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our FG|PG family to yours!